Announcements May 29th, 2017
Check out the Belmont Website Daily Announcements and the Career Centre Information for the many volunteer opportunities available to students. Volunteer hours can be used for the required grad transitions hours.
- Belmont’s Production of The Breakfast Club will be opening Friday June 09th. Evening performances commence @ 7:00 PM; doors open @6:30. The only matinee performance, Saturday June 10th, commence @1:00 PM; doors open @12:30.
Advance tickets can be purchased through Belmont’s office beginning Monday May 29th, Tickets can also be purchased with cash only at the front doors the evening/afternoon of the performance. Student tickets: $5.00 / Adult tickets: $10.00.
Dates for performances are as follows: June 09 (Opening), June 10 (Matinee 1:00 PM, Evening 7:00 PM), June 12, 13, 14, 15.
This unique, multimedia performance will be located in the Learning Commons. Come out and support New Theatre @ Belmont.
- Don’t forget your toonies and loonies for Monday – On sale at lunch are hot dogs and freezies. Come on down to the Social Commons to get yours.
- Belmont Annual Sports Banquet is on Tuesday June the 6th. Time is 6-8:00 PM. Please see your coach about attending.
- Work Experience 12 Course Credits
Work Experience 12A and 12B are offered to students in Grade 11 and 12 and provides 4 – 8 credits depending on the number of volunteer and/or paid hours completed. Interested students must attend a course orientation to be enrolled in the course for 2017-18. Orientations will be offered every lunch from Monday, May 29 to Friday, June 2, 2017 in the Learning Commons Break Out room. Work Experience 12 is scheduled outside the timetable
- Volunteers are needed for the John Stubbs Spring Fling on Thursday, May 25 from 4.00 to 7.00 pm. See Mrs. Hyde to sign up and for more information.
- Do you have your lifeguard certificate? We have a one day paid job opportunity for two people at Witty’s Beach on Tuesday, June 27. See Mrs. Hyde for more information.
Willway Elementary needs volunteers for their Annual Fun Fair to run games and help in the concession. Friday, May 26 from 5.30 to 8.30 pm. To sign up, go to www.volunteersignup.org/8MQB3