The Career Education Staff are:
Mrs. J. Robertson (Department Head, Work Experience 12A & B, Career Life Connections 12)
Mr. C. Allen, Miss R. Sandberg (Career Life Education 10)
Ms. A. Berteau (Éducation au choix de carrière et de vie 10)
Students on the 2018 Graduation Program will meet the Career Education graduation requirement with:
- Grade 9 – Career Education
- Grade 10 – Career Life Education
- Grade 11 – Career Life Connections
- Grade 12 – Capstone
All courses are Blended model courses; meaning they are not delivered during a block within the timetable, but using a combination of the following methods:
- Online materials using Google Classroom and GAFE accounts
- Belmont teacher support during in class visits
- Focus block sessions
- Grade specific assemblies
- Post-secondary and career fair
- Career and Life Skills conference
Google Classroom and Google Apps for Education (GAFE) accounts
Students with GAFE accounts:
- If your student already logs in using their initials and last 4 digits of their student number (ex. bb1234), they likely have a GAFE account already.
- Students with GAFE accounts: Simply ask them to log in to their Google Classroom app on their phone or tablet, or go to classroom.google.com on any internet connected device.
- Reminder- Their sign in username with be their GAFE account email address – (username)@sd62learns.org
- example: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students without GAFE accounts:
How can I sign my student up for Google Classroom?
Step 1: Provide consent for your student to convert their school computer account to a GAFE account.
How do parents’ consent?
- The consent procedure has become digital and takes no more than a couple of minutes. We want parents to become familiar with this system as it is also used for field trips, online payments, media release etc. https://consent.sd62.bc.ca/
Step 2: Have your student login to https://gafe.sd62.bc.ca/ using their student number and password – as if they were logging into the school Wi-Fi.
- If you have provided consent, the student will be asked to type in their new username (their initials and last 4 digits of their student number, example: bb1234) and the account will be created overnight. Their password will be the same as the username.
- Please note: If your student already logs in using their initials and last 4 digits of their student number (ex. bb1234), they likely have a GAFE account already. See above “Students with GAFE accounts”