The Belmont Career Centre is located in the Counselling Suite. It is a key resource for career and educational information. Students are encouraged to visit and check out our many resources such as interesting websites, tips on resume building and skill identification, employment and volunteer opportunities, labour market information and information on upcoming career events. Students are also encouraged to regularly view the Career Centre Bulletin Boards and this website for volunteer opportunities, paid work opportunities, career events and career information sessions.
Check out our great website for more information – Career Center Website
The Career Centre staff are:
Mrs. C. Bodman, Work Experience Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org 250-478-5501 ext. 2115
Ms. K. Arkell (SIP, Dual Credit, TASK, Careers 9, Career Life Connections 12).
Mrs. J. Robertson (Department Head, Work Experience 12A & B, Career Life Connections 12)
Mr. C. Allen, Miss R. Sandberg, Mr. E. Dudzik (Career Life Education 10)
Ms. A. Berteau (Éducation au choix de carrière et de vie 10)
Career Centre Services includes:
- coordinating work experience placements and career exploration,
- assisting with resume building,
- interviewing students before each work placement
- coaching students on basic employability skills such as cover letters, appropriate dress, confidentiality, work ethic and interviews,
- assisting with access to career resources, information and opportunities,
- supporting students in developing a career plan,
- planning career events such as college open houses, high school career programs and career fairs,
- scheduling speakers and information sessions,
- informing students of community paid and volunteer positions.,
- providing a liaison between the school, business community, students, teachers and parents.