BELMONT GRADUATION TRANSITIONS 2017 – 2018
Goals: Graduation Transitions is intended to prepare students for a successful transition to life after secondary school. The goal is to ensure that every student graduates with a relevant career/life plan that is reflective of their skills, credentials and experiences. Grad Transitions is mandatory for graduation and is worth four credits.
Scroll down for due dates and checklist.
I. WHO am I?
- Traits and Skills Assignment #1 – due Monday, October 30, 2017
- Healthy Living Plan Assignment #2 – due Monday, October 30, 2017
- Achievements & Reflection Assignment #3 – due Monday, October 30, 2017
II. WHAT have I done?
- Daily Physical Activity Assignment # 9 – due Friday, May 4, 2018
- Network – Your Way to Success Assignment # 5 – due Monday, December 4, 2017
- Work-Life Balance Assignment #6 – due Monday, December 4, 2017
- Community Connections (30 paid/volunteer hours) Assignment #10 – due Friday, May 4, 2018
III. WHERE am I going?
- Grad Transition Plan Assignment #4 – assignment due Monday, October 30, 2017
IV. HOW am I going to get there?
- Resume Assignment #7 – due Monday, December 4, 2017
- Financial Plan Assignment # 8 – due Monday, December 4, 2017
- Stay in contact with your counsellor throughout your Grade 12 year to review graduation requirements and post-secondary opportunities.
Evaluation: Requirements Met “RM” will be issued on your report card in June upon completion of the above requirements.
CHECKLIST and DUE DATES
DUE: Monday, October 30, 2017
- Who Am I? – Assignment #1: Your Traits and Skills
- Who Am I? – Assignment #2: Healthy Living Plan
- What Have I Done? – Assignment #3: Achievements and Reflection
- Where Am I Going? – Assignment #4: Grad Transition Plan
DUE: Monday, December 4, 2017
- How am I going to get there? – Assignment #5: Network – Your Way to Success
- 6. How am I going to get there? – Assignment #6: Work-Life Balance?
- How am I going to get there? – Assignment #7: Submit a current employment resume
- How am I going to get there? – Assignment #8: Financial Plan –
DUE: Friday, May 4, 2018
- What Have I Done? – Assignment #9: Daily Physical Activity (DPA).
- A minimum of 150 minutes of Daily Physical Activity must be recorded during your Grade 12 year.
- Students who are enrolled in P.E. classes, play a team or are enrolled in an academy please use the DPA form on page 13.
- Students who participate in a personal exercise regime, please complete the ‘Snapshot’ of Daily Physical Activity
- What Have I Done? – Assignment #10 Community Connections (30 hours of paid/volunteer work)
- Hours can be completed in Grades 10, 11 or 12.
- If you have successfully completed Work Experience 12A you do not have to do assignment #10.
- If you do not have 30 hours of paid/volunteer work, please see the Work Experience Coordinator for a school-arranged 30 hour non-paid work placement.
Grad Transitions Booklets with required assignments are available in TAG and the Career Centre