Students on the 2018 Graduation Program will meet the Career Education graduation requirement with:
- Grade 9 – Career Education
- Grade 10 – Career Life Education
- Grade 11 – Career Life Connections
- Grade 12 – Capstone
All courses are Blended model courses; meaning they are not delivered during a block within the timetable, but using a combination of the following methods:
- Online materials using Google Classroom and GAFE accounts
- Belmont teacher support during in class visits
- Focus block sessions
- Grade specific assemblies
- Post-secondary and career fair
- Career and Life Skills conference
Google Classroom and Google Apps for Education (GAFE) accounts
Students with GAFE accounts:
- If your student already logs in using their initials and last 4 digits of their student number (ex. bb1234), they likely have a GAFE account already.
- Students with GAFE accounts: Simply ask them to log in to their Google Classroom app on their phone or tablet, or go to classroom.google.com on any internet connected device.
- Reminder- Their sign in username with be their GAFE account email address – (username)@sd62learns.org
- example: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students without GAFE accounts:
How can I sign my student up for Google Classroom?
Step 1: Provide consent for your student to convert their school computer account to a GAFE account.
How do parents’ consent?
- The consent procedure has become digital and takes no more than a couple of minutes. We want parents to become familiar with this system as it is also used for field trips, online payments, media release etc. https://consent.sd62.bc.ca/
Step 2: Have your student login to https://gafe.sd62.bc.ca/ using their student number and password – as if they were logging into the school Wi-Fi.
- If you have provided consent, the student will be asked to type in their new username (their initials and last 4 digits of their student number, example: bb1234) and the account will be created overnight. Their password will be the same as the username.
- Please note: If your student already logs in using their initials and last 4 digits of their student number (ex. bb1234), they likely have a GAFE account already. See above “Students with GAFE accounts”